Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Wikis-A New Classroom Tool

Welcome to the wonderful world of Wikis...wow, what an experience. After going into some of the Wikis sites and doing a few of the activities that were designed for the students, I must say that I was impressed with the accessability and usability of the sites. The fact that students can collaborate on projects and learn from each other was amazing. They can use each others strengths to complete projects and share the information so that everyone can see the final assignment completed...Having tried one of the activities "Naming the Famous People" in the HCSD Class Demo Wiki, I realized that I was having a good time as well as learning. I would recommend that everyone who is looking for and educational tool try a Wiki site just once or even try to create their own Wiki for their classroom.

No comments: